First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Audit Approach – some prompts (1 of 3)
What Project Management standards are being used?
- Internal standard (get information), PRINCE2, PMI PMBOK
Is the project still in Startup / Inception phase?
- Yes - How long has it been in this phase / how much spend has been incurred? If excessive, this is a cause for concern
Has the project completed Inception?
- Yes – so is there a document which defines the project whether a “Project Initiation Document” (PRINCE2) or “Project Management Plan “ (PMI)
- If there is such a document, confirm whether it has been approved & baselined and read this before undertaking any interviews as this is the framework for the project
- If there isn’t such a document this is an immediate danger sign but the PM might have other means of defining scope, plan etc so ask